Most Requested


Driving, Parking & Transit Permits


Ontario Senior Homeowners' Property Tax Grant

If you're a low-to-moderate income senior, you may be eligible for up to $500 back each year on your property taxes. Learn more

Services for Seniors

Services for Seniors

Help for Seniors in Halton Region

Halton Region has compiled a directory to help older adults, caregivers, and service providers.

Housing Support


New Horizons for Seniors Program

The New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP) is a federal grants and contributions program. It provides funding for projects that make a difference in the lives of seniors and in their communities.

Healthcare Programs for Seniors

General Information

Helping with Medical Coverage

Staying Active & Staying Safe at Home

Home & Community Care

Alzheimer's and Dementia

  • The Alzheimer Society of Canada has extensively covered the signs and effects of Alzheimer’s and Dementia.
  • The Finding You Way program helps individuals with dementia, their families, caregivers and communities recognize the risks and signs of those afflicted with dementia going missing. Finding your way hopes to educate all parties so that seniors continue to safely live within the community.

Tax Credits, Benefits & Pensions

Medical Support

Income Support

Transit, Vehicle & Home Support

Federal Support

  • The Canada Pension Plan (CPP) retirement pension is a monthly, taxable benefit that replaces part of your income when you retire. If you qualify, you’ll receive the CPP retirement pension for the rest of your life.
  • The Old Age Security (OAS) Pension is a monthly payment you can get if you are 65 and older.
  • Learn if you qualify for the federal governments Guaranteed Income Supplement, a non-taxable addition to the Old Age Security Pension.

Elder Abuse

Signs & Types

Learn more about the Signs and Types of elder abuse and what to do if you or someone you know is being abused.

Abuse Prevention


  • Senior Safety Line : 24/7 confidential Hotline @ 1+866-299-1011
  • Long Term Care Action Line: Report abuses @  1-866-434-0144
  • Retirement Home Regulatory Authority: Hotline @  1-866-275-7472
  • Crime Stoppers: Report @ 1-800-222-8477
  • Phone the Office of the Public Guardian & Trustee, which protects those who are mentally incapable of reporting abuse @ 1-800-366-0335 or 416-327-6348
  • Find Additional Helplines for reporting or helping those suffering from elder abuse, as well as get legal advice or receive referrals.